CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 27, 2013

20 Dinners in 20 Days...Day 1 Crock Pot Au Gratin Potatoes with Chicken

So we had company all last weekend. It was a nightmare, and I definitely will think twice about inviting any not in my family to stay in my home, but that is another story.  Having company I did not cook at all from Thursday to Sunday.  Cartier was thrilled with all the McDonald's he got to eat, but by Sunday I think we were both feeling like the Berenstain Bears after they ate too much junk food.
 

That is why I am starting 20 Dinners in 20 Days. We have 22 more days until we go back to Chicago to visit  my parents.  My plan is no fast food, no dining out until we leave.

For the first day I chose something easy...Au Gratin Potatoes with chicken.  It was super easy and the Crock Pot let me avoid turning on the oven.


I used a box of Au Gratin Potatoes, because ain't nobody got time for cutting up potatoes :-)
I mixed all the ingredients as listed on the box, 2/3 cup of milk, 1 3/4 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter and let it cook on high for about 1 1/2 hours. 

I chopped up some chicken that was left over from a store bought rotisserie chicken and added it with a little bit of shredded cheese


Served up with a salad and some steamed broccoli 
Au Gratin Potatoes With Chicken
1 Box of Au Gratin Potato Mix (I used Betty Crocker)
1 3/4 c. boiling water
2/3 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of butter
1 c. chopped cooked chicken or ham
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Spray the inside of the crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix the first 4 ingredients together in the crock pot, cook on high for about 1 1/2 hours or low for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Added chicken an additional cheese and continue to cook until bubbly. Serve warm.


I thought it was pretty good, and Cartier scarfed it down like someone was going to take it from him :-)
He said "Can I have more of that Cheesy Stuff?" So I'll take that as a positive review. I may not have been the healthiest meal ever, but it was easy and yummy and the broccoli and salad helped balance it out.
Now to figure out what to make tomorrow...hmmm. Until then...stay glitzy :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment